Re: In search of...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on December 05, 2000 at 09:49:21:

In Reply to: Re: In search of... posted by Rick on December 04, 2000 at 11:13:23:

Terry has a copy and I believe there is a copy on Jason's website.

I have no problem discussing the fact that I used to deep air dive, nor do I have any problem discussing the fact that as a pre-requisite to my trimix training I had to go through a IANTD deep air class. I wish GUE were around when I was training but they weren't so I got the best training available at the time. I used Wings Stocks at Ocean Odyssey for 90% of my deep training and I did some deep wreck training with Billy Deans in Key West. Both Wings and Billy are 2 of the best instructors and have been diving and teaching mix for the better part of 25 years.. Both of them encouraged in there classes that you should never stop training, never stop learning and never stop seeking new ways to increase safety margins. In my mind getting to know and dive with George and JJ and the rest of the WKPP/GUE diver's have opened up entire new avenues to explore and learn..

I've done a lot of screwed up things underwater to get me to where I am today and I freely discuss them so hopefully other's won't do the same stupid things that I have done. I'm lucky although at the time I thought I was good...

I hang all my IANTD shingles in my garage just above a collection of all my old gear. I have been asked time and time again why I don't sell my old stuff and my response always is that I want to remember all the mistakes that I have made and have far I have evolved..

check www.jor.com and I think the pix is there if not Terry has a copy..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]