Mismatched fins

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on December 05, 2000 at 19:52:31:

In Reply to: Need single Force Fin Pro XL posted by Eins on December 05, 2000 at 10:42:40:

I can't believe that i am sharing this, but I am still laughing about it. My wife and I both still use our Scubapro Jet Fins. In fact this last year I retired my 25 year old ones for a pair of shiney new ones. Mine are XL and hers are L. Way back when we wanted to keep track of them and wrote "HIS" and "HERS" on our fins. 25 years later the paint has faded.

Well a few weeks ago I packed my dive gear in a hurry. I ended up with one of mine and one of hers. My 2 daughters who dove with me that day told me That I was going to swim in circles. I told them that I had to switch fins at the halfway point so I could swim back. Boy did I feel stupid.

But if I had a pair of different colors... I could say it was so I could tell left from right! Kind of like socks. When people see a mismatched pair you simply say that it is a real pair and you have another pair just like it at home. Maybe that is the answer. Do the mismatch on purpose. It could be a lot more fun and the docents will have some funny things to tell the guests when they see you in through the glass!

The most import thing is to make sure that every dive provides at lease one smile so big that you get water in the reg.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]