Diver identification problems

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JRM on December 07, 2000 at 15:49:07:

In Reply to: Re: Get Serious...You make me sick, Seahunt. posted by Kendall Raine on December 07, 2000 at 13:33:54:

My wife dives with farm animals, and lots of other nasty things occasionally. They usually arrive when we get separated. It's amazing the hallucinations she has when we get to the surface. Every once in a while she recognizes me and uses my name, but the rest of the time she mistakes me for various biblical figures, farm animals, and persons of questionable lineage. It's only happened a couple of times, generally when she stops suddenly to take a picture in 5 foot of vis. Once it happened because I made a slight turn and she swam into my fins. I figured it was just a concussion from the impact.

And I was on a boat trip once where a pair of divers seemed to suffer the same hallucination problems. It seems that they were always mistaking each other for Biblical figures, children of single mothers, farm animals, and anatomical entities both human and otherwise. Must be the nitrogen.

So while it may be true that you don't dive with farm animals, and neither do I, I'm sure at some point in my diving career I'll suffer the odd malady, expressing my belief that I am in fact doing so...

JRM

--sorry, couldn't help myself. This is what happens when you combine work pressure with 48 hours sleep deprivation and cold medicine :-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]