Why attack Ken?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gerry on December 11, 2000 at 17:54:41:

In Reply to: Re: Emergency Phone #s for All Divers posted by MHK on December 11, 2000 at 15:05:08:

Mike,

As I understand it, Ken’s tenure as Chamber day chair has been marked by better organization, more participation and an increase of 400% - 500% in income for the chamber. He is personally responsible for Chamber Night at the Aquarium. I know that he donates months of his time for zero remuneration, and he’s not even a rich kid.

You claim he turned Chamber Day into the “Ken Kurtis Show” when it’s your name that I see splashed all over the event (“Michael Kane Challenge” ring a bell?) Where has he used it to boost his own profile? Please provide a citation.

I know that Ken tried to pass the baton on Chamber Day a few years ago and got it handed back in short order. You claim that boat operators resent his leadership, have THEY called for Ken’s resignation? Not the ones I talk to.

So, why would you make such an attack? It wouldn’t have anything to do with your well-publicized personal conflict with Ken would it? Do you want the job?

GS

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]