A question.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by brianc on December 20, 2000 at 09:28:27:

In Reply to: Regulator Failure Points and Regulator Theory posted by Jim Hoffmann on December 19, 2000 at 14:37:18:

Jim,

Thanks for making these posts they really are informative.

I have a question about one of your points concerning causes of water in the second stage. You wrote "number five is you are breathing from a side breather( Prosidon, or an Omega)." I have a Posiedon Cyklon. The only time that I have had water entry on that reg was when I had a small stick caught in the diaphram of the second stage. That happened after a rescue of a panicked diver in the surf at the Breakwater in Monterey. It was an unusual situation that led to my reg getting trashed about in the surf while I towed/dragged the diver out. I am genuinely curious if there are other aspects of this reg that I should watch out for. I'm described as anal in my attention to maintainance by one of the instructors I work with (but he tells students that's a good thing). I do my own minor repairs, but have the reg serviced annually by a friend who has worked on this model for about 20 years.

BTW, I really like the fact that there is no "up" position for this reg. I like to be able to invert to look under rocks, without stirring up silt.

Thanks,

Brian

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]