Snorkel usefulness

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on December 28, 2000 at 21:26:33:

In Reply to: Re: Compass Location posted by AADIVER on December 28, 2000 at 17:07:12:

Well, I would not call it useless, but I have a love/hate relationship with mine! When it is on, it is always tugging on my mask when underwater. I have lost and found it a few times. The one I now use is an expensive one I found at 75 feet. Looked to be only a few hours old.

I really like it in rough water when I am on the surface waiting for others to get int he water. It keeps the salt water out while I float and wait. I almost never do surface swims in it becuase I just feel funny when I am in scuba gear on the surface and my face is down. Back in the mid 70's, when I got my At-Pac, I started doing a back swim on the surface. I do not know if I could break this habit if I wanted to. I love the sun on my face as I lounge or swim back. Of course I often do this without my mask if the water is calm.

But I guess the worst thing is that the inflator hose and the snokel always switch places on me. I hate it when i am feeling around the snorkel fo rhe button that shoudl be "right about there". Then I feel really stupid and hope none of my kids saw me looking like an idiot.

Look how far this thread has come -- from consoles and compasses to snorkels making me look stupid in front of my kids!

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]