Re: "Promoting" vs. "Discussing"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by AADIVER on December 29, 2000 at 19:10:00:

In Reply to: "Promoting" vs. "Discussing" posted by Ken Kurtis on December 29, 2000 at 18:40:23:

Well, Ken, you KNEW I'd jump in on this one!
I believe any aspect of diving is worthy of discussion, serious or otherwise. I don't think a newbie is going read a post and then go out and jump in over his/her head. In my experience, new and different and seemingly radical ideas are first bounced off of wiser heads before trying out. As to your reference to solo, I identified myself as an independent diver from the git go and was fried for it, accused of advocating and promoting it. If I left that impression I sincerely apologize to everyone for leading them astray. Qualified, experienced buddy teams are safer in the water than me alone. But that's a choice I made early on. I want my total focus and concentration to be on me and the wrecks I prowl. Hopefully, even controversial issues such as this can be bounced around without being ignited by flamers. As to DIR issues, discussions of it on this Board have brought me to an understanding that I would not have otherwise gained. And for that I thank you one and all.
Now, Ken, about the Nitrox issue...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]