Re: The Cosmology of DIR in California Diving

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on January 03, 2001 at 10:03:50:

In Reply to: The Cosmology of DIR in California Diving posted by seahunt on January 01, 2001 at 21:44:21:

I'll reserve the bulk of my comments until you have completed your analysis, but a few points with respect to this post I wanted to address before the points get lost...

You wrote that we *have suggested regulating diving in California to conform to DIR principles*.. That is not our purpose and we never ever, ever suggested *regulating* anything.. I don't want to nit pick but when you use words like *regulations* I needed to chime in..

We present a system of diving that is very applicable to our diving.. The fact that this system was developed as a result of significant cave fatalities is ALMOST irrelevant to the discussion..

I ask time and time again, what is it that you need for a 60' open water recreational dive that we don't need for a 400' dive???? Common sense would suggest that if we don't need it at 400' you don't need it at 60'..

As to your comments about hunters and photographers I think I missed your point.. We have never taken the position that you are precluded from bringing a bag and/or camera.. If the mission calls for a camera bring one.. If it calls for a game bag, bring it...

And I clearly missed your point about shore diving.. What do you believe that DIR doesn't offer to a shore diver????? If anything the streamlinned elements provide easier entry and exit...

I have said often that I'll go line by line over the system and I'll invite you anyone to provide a better way to do it...

Line by line I'll be happy to address any concern that you have...

I appreciate your efforts but I'm sure you knew that I'd offer a different perspective.. If we can keep the flames out of this thread I believe that some good info can get exchanged...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]