Re: Part 2.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on January 03, 2001 at 20:39:06:

In Reply to: Re: Part 2. posted by Eins on January 03, 2001 at 17:52:26:

Hey Eins,
You answered your own question responding to Randy54. I'd like to try some of the equipment, but not all of it. It's the mindset that is so provocative. My nature is overwhelmingly adaptive. I will always have problems with systems that are inherently non-adaptive. Beyond that is the lack of clarity. Part 2 was about practices I find impractical about DIR on the West Coast. These seem incredible. No steel tanks without a dry suit, no computer (I think), gauges on wrists. These are not all that important to my mind, but the only answer I get is a repeated 'Thou Shalt Not Change' for any reason. Someone once defined that as the only reasonable definition of insanity. While that seems weird, compound it with that some other things that are left very vague or obviously about the diving they do, not what I do, and I get very put off.
To paraphrase a line I probably shouldn't use, 'the difference between DIR and God is that God doesn't claim to be DIR'.
Enjoy, seahunt

I'll try to get done with my essay. I want to see MHK's reply. It's late though and I am tired. I'll try to make it short.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]