Re: Which statement? (& question for the DIR folks).

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy54 on January 04, 2001 at 08:01:19:

In Reply to: Which statement? (& question for the DIR folks). posted by Eins on January 03, 2001 at 20:16:01:

Sorry for my confusion, but from your post, I had the idea you were strick DIR. I too, do not find DIR incapatable with "west cost diving". I just don't see that I need to change to DIR. I read much of your suggested reading. I take it that DIR divers don't use a "Octapus" but rather a backup high performance reg. For deep technical diving, this makes since. For the diving I do, it doesn't seem required. The reason for having it around your neck is stated to that it is imidiately at hand. The standardized configuration is to cut out confusion in an emergancy. You always set up the same way, so you always know where everything is at. Right on! I do that. I don't use the DIR wings, but I have one BC, I always know where my inflator and dump valves are. I use weights, some nonditchable, to balance my configuration the same way every time. So far, I've only dove SW, above 125 ft, and no overhead enviroments, so I don't have to worry about changes for FW, High Altitude, or OH enviroments. At this point, I can see no reason for changing my setup. If I decide to get into some type of technical diving, then yes, I would go get instructions on what to do, and what different equipment I would need. Till then, I'll dive like almost all the other CA divers I see.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]