Re: Which statement?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eins on January 04, 2001 at 14:22:51:

In Reply to: Re: Which statement? (& question for the DIR folks). posted by Randy54 on January 04, 2001 at 08:01:19:

I hear you, Randy. Everyone has got to do what he's got to do. If you are like a lot of divers, you are not only interested in diving but also in the gear side of it, and if that is so, you'd enjoy attending one of the DIR demos that MHK and tleemay give. I did and it made me want to adopt a lot of their ideas right away.

You're saying you know exactly where your important controls and elements are on your setup. In DIR's viewpoint, it is just as important that you know where your buddy's are and that he knows where your's are. Which is why they dive a standardized setup. They're all the same. Which is very good when your vis goes zero in a silt up (or when you do a night dive in SoCal open water).

BTW, the back up reg is supposed NOT to be a high performance reg in order to prevent freeflows. They use a downstream design but not the balanced type (for the back up).

WRT diving like most others do may be good but you may be missing what they are all missing too (in times of changes to the better).

Eins

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]