Re: I wonder if it is an age thing.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Walker on January 05, 2001 at 23:59:36:

In Reply to: I wonder if it is an age thing. posted by Wayne on January 05, 2001 at 21:57:27:

Its probably that most older divers are more apt to pay closer attention to their bodies. Possibly most younger divers have fewer dives and thier minds are in different places after a dive.

Cold water will change you metabolic rate. Catacholimines are released and energy is used. And one plus one equals two. But lets face it, our body chemistry changes once we hit the water and so will our metabolism. This is know as the diver reflex.

I do most of my dives dry althought my face and hands get wet. This is all you need to activate the diver reflex.

I have been diving 24 years and I am 39 years old. I have seen a big drop in my VC reduction since I stoped diving air all the time. Example, I can wake up at 4am, drive to San Diego for a dive, drive home by 2pm, clean my gear then do work around the house before I go out to dinner.

Several years ago when I was younger I could not do this with out taking a major nap. All I can do is relate this to what I have studies and changed in my divong habits and say to myself, no kidding the writing was on the wall the whole time.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]