Re: Why DIR?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by AADIVER on January 07, 2001 at 14:03:07:

In Reply to: Why DIR? posted by Jarrod Jablonski on January 07, 2001 at 13:37:28:

Thank you, Jarrod, I wholeheartedly agree when you say:

"Regardless of your level of interest there is a lot of benefit in to be found in the ideas and practices of DIR and I wish you the best in your search to decide what is best for you."

I also have no problem with DIR gear or its configuration. My personal dilemma would be finding a buddy or buddies having the exact same gear and willing to dive my primary "mission": to explore wrecks and recover legally recoverable artifacts for restoration and display. This is especially difficult on liveaboards and resort locations. Also, bottom line: I enjoy diving independantly and I don't enjoy diving with a buddy regardless his or her level of expertise, even if it's superior to mine. And if enjoyment isn't the reason to "play the game", then best to get out of the game. All of the above relates just to me personally and I in no way advocate it for anyone else.
Thanks again for your contribution to our Board. It will go a long way in dispelling misconceptions about DIR.

Frank Farmer
www.members.home.net/bbs

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]