Re: less fatigue with nitrox is BS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sulawesi mike on January 08, 2001 at 01:32:25:

In Reply to: less fatigue with nitrox is BS posted by Chris on January 05, 2001 at 12:56:51:

i have only recently become certified for that funky gas ; ) but i do know that prior to using EAN, i would ba absolutely whipped after a good 4-tank day at Anacapa or wherever. After a day of using nitrox, i actually do chores now (like installing a tile floor in one of my buildings!!!!) and getting up and functioning normally the next day is a breeze! i have little use for collecting C-cards, but IMHO, that nitrox cert is one of the best decisions i ever made.

It is a truism, but bears stating nonetheless, that we are all as different internally, physiologically as we are genetically and externally (WRT outward physical characteristics etc) so any double blind study would need to have a statistically significant number of subjects within each group (control, experimental) and probably, a statistically significant number of trials as well. The subjects would need to do demanding tasks (mentally or otherwise) in order to give a more objective set of data for analysis (how do we feel today? questionaires would not cut it!)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]