Re: DIR: two unanswered questions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jr gordon on January 08, 2001 at 15:17:00:

In Reply to: Re: DIR: two unanswered questions posted by AADIVER on January 08, 2001 at 14:33:01:

Frank,

As for helium fills, I get mine from Scuba Toys. I believe Jim charges $.40 per cu.ft.+ the cost of O2 which is much cheaper. Since I'm filling double LP80's the cost for 30% He is around $20. + $8. for the 02.

As for recreationl diving off commercial boats, the benefit of using mix is limited mainly to your first dive although there will be some residual mix left in your tanks (unless you're an idiot). Asuming your deepest dive will be your first, you benefit from the mix where you need it most-at depth. Your subsequent dives are usually less than 100fsw, and air + your remaining mix is adequate. If you limit your time on that first dive, and you have a large single or doubles, you could possibly dive your original mix for a 2nd.dive or perhaps just top it off slightly for that 2nd. dive. One of my buddies dives double 95's when we hit the Yukon, and he easily gets 2-50 minute dives out of them.

Make the best of what's available.

JRG

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]