Re: Hey MHK, thanks for facilitating the DIR demo and the great day of divin

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on January 24, 2000 at 19:02:50:

In Reply to: Re: Hey MHK, thanks for facilitating the DIR demo and the great day of divin posted by Max Bottomtime on January 24, 2000 at 18:30:22:

Max,

I somehow missed you Sat. night :-) but I did manage to run into Colin :-)

But as far as Dale goes, he has published several of my articles and he and I have many fundamnetal disagreements. But at the end of the day, one of his arguements to me has been that Calif. doesn't have that many tech diver's and therefore it doesn't warrant any coverage. Those of us that are in the know know how wrong Dale is. But if I am the only one writing him he has no way of actually knowing that there are other's out there.

He and I are in discussions for me to author a monthly tech columnn so he isn't as far off as you may think. Although I firmly believe he should have attended Sat. night. I spoke to him about this at DEMA on Thur for the 3rd time. I thought after that discussion he would show but he didn't. So if we really want to impress upon him that the tech movement is here, it is growing and it will not go away those that share my view need to voice there opinion. What does it cost you to write a quick e-mail????

Like any other editor Dale is moved by demand, if we sit by quietly nothing will change, if enough of us speak out he will ultimately have no choice. Remember 3 or 4 years ago DEMA would not allow any tech diving and/or Nitrox and that is the organization that is suppose to represent marketing of the dive industry. PADI and NAUI swore to the high heavens that they would never endorse tech diving, now they are tripping over each other trying to claim superiority in this area.

Sooner or later they will have no choice, it really is just a matter of when not if.

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]