As usual, you are right.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kevin on January 12, 2001 at 12:32:46:

In Reply to: Re: Do you need HazMat cert to fill NITROX??? posted by Kendall Raine on January 12, 2001 at 12:18:16:

Dear Kendall

As usual, you are right. But because much of my diving is professional, even a "fun" dive after two training dives on a boat or at the beach if students are still present, the Cal OSHA and Fed OSHA rules apply to me. Also, because all my gear ( including cylinders ) are scheduled under my Underwater Liability Insurance, I have to follow ALL RULES, ALL THE TIME.

Although there is an obscure Dept of Transportation regulation that states ANYONE handling compressed gas cylinders be HAZ MAT trained. It seems never to be enforced though, or the Catalina Express luggage handles could not touch cylinders or the DM on a dive boat unless they are trained.

I did not post to stir things up. Things get stirred up enough on this BBS. Just wanted to point out to everyone why I cringe when someone complains about a $ 8.00 40% fill from me.

No diving this weekend, just cancelled a charter on Sunday to the Olympic wreck, now I'm really mad !!

Kevin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]