I was on the Conception over New Year's for 3 days.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by brianc on January 12, 2001 at 17:23:01:

In Reply to: Is It Just Me...? posted by Rory B. Bellows on January 12, 2001 at 16:57:11:

I would have to say that it was one of the most pleasant dive boat experiences that I've had. The crew was all friendly, talkative, and helpful. The food was great and non-stop. Breakfasts made to order. Huge lunches, between meal hot and cold snacks... A midnight food layout for New Year. Dinners were better than I've had in many restaurants (and I travel N and S America and Europe for my job). Tritips for dinner on the first night won me over immediately. Every member of the crew helped to serve and bus tables at meals. When I told the galley crew about my food allergies, it was no problem for them. The Captain talked with divers about the dive sites after each dive to decide if we would stay for another dive or try another spot.
Sorry that you didn't have as good a time on your trip. Maybe there is a difference in boat crew's, but our group had a great time. The crew and staff had all the info we needed and stuck to the schedule for departure and arrival. I do recall that the crew kept saying how easy our group was to work with compared to the bug hunting maniacs they get at other times. So the interaction between the crew and the passengers probably has an impact on the quality of the service.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]