Re: Not thinking it through

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on January 16, 2001 at 14:43:01:

In Reply to: Re: Not thinking it through posted by AADIVER on January 16, 2001 at 14:17:35:

Frank,

Let me see if I can address the majority of your points.

1) As to the point respecting a depth gauge taking a dump just as likely as a BT.. On the surface I agree with the point, however as you know we only dive in buddy teams, so the redundancy is built inot my buddy in that regard. Realistically what is the chances of two well maintained BT's taking a dump on the same dive? Furthermore, should that unlikely event happen, I have showed you my reels and as I noted we knot the line every 10' for this very reason. If I shot a lift bag I would simply hold the line with my index finger and thumb and then count the knots as the reeled deployed. I would then know if I counted 10 knots that I was at 100', and as I ascended I would count off the knots as I went...

As to the gas supply question, as I have shown you we simply clip off the SPG to our left D-ring but we do NOT use a console.. Other than that there really isn't any material difference between what we do and how most other divers use the SPG.

As for the computer issue, I'm planning on putting together a much more detailed post about this point since it has received such heightened attention. I'm a little busy at work since I've been out of the office so bear with me a day or so...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]