Re: Selling some DIR gear---->

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kendall Raine on January 16, 2001 at 16:15:44:

In Reply to: Re: Selling some DIR gear----> posted by AADIVER on January 13, 2001 at 12:54:23:

Frank;

I don't think that's right, per se. There is lots of stuff Dive Rite makes that ain't well thought out or designed (certainly not DIR), but the basic stuff like the classic wing, provided it has an elbow and the right length hose (I had to modify mine), is fine from the perspective of form and function. I've used their wings for eight years. I have a four year old Clasic Wing that has performed flawlessly. An AL or SS back plate is a back plate unless it's made of inferior materials. In fact, the standard Halcyon SS back plate comes with square holes to accomodate the single tank carriage bolts and won't accept a bolt bigger than 1/4". You need to drill them to 3/8" to use Highland bolts! The SP, OMS and Dive Rite SS back plates accomodate 3/8" out of the box. The current Dive Rite 300 BAR isolator manifold is the same as the Scuba Pro is the same as the Sea Elite (Halcyon). Despite the polemics, DIR isn't about marketing. It's about design, form and function.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]