Re: Ultimate DIR

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on January 16, 2001 at 23:52:19:

In Reply to: Ultimate DIR posted by JRM on January 16, 2001 at 17:13:37:

hey, i was diving ultimate DIR without a snorkel during a lunch break down South and East (Far East) about a week and a half ago! Does this count as ultimate-nominal DIR (UNDIR), since there are, after all, those who routinely eschew even the snorkel(the Japanese pearl divers come to mind)? And since the water was so warm, i only had the lower half of my 7 mil farmer john, which means, even less crapola-schmola to carry around. This is truly minimalist exposure protection, so i propose to call this revolutionary new garment configuration UNDIR-wear.

I tried diving super-tremendous-ultimate phenomenally-incredible DIR (STUPIDIR), which is doing it without that pesky weight belt, but i had to haul myself down the anchor line hand over hand, and then i couldn't hold on to the camera, and that darn 300 lb napoleon wrasse swam away!

Well, at least i had the opportunity to dive STUPIDIR in my UNDIR-wear....

By the way, if one can get a hold of enough of the local brew (Bintang, where we were), one may find themselves dancing in their UNDIR-wear on top of the dive-boat (note to Dr. Batunas, we didn't dance in our UNDIR-wear on any other wear for that matter, on top of your boat).

A further plus, if you are suitably shapely, members of the opposite sex my dig you in your UNDIR-wear.

OK, i'll quit now before i get really bad >: )

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]