In my opinion....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dimitrios on January 17, 2001 at 15:50:57:

In Reply to: A few more thoughts posted by MHK on January 17, 2001 at 12:52:41:

In my opinion seahunt has proven well that the non-modifiable DIR configuration you espouse is sub-optimal for California diving, especially hunters and photogs.

He has clearly explained why steel tanks, computers, and consoles work better than the gear config offered by DIR for our conditions and diving styles.

Why am I interested in this discussion? Because I dive a steel 100, solo with a wetsuit and computer in a console almost every time I dive. I believe my system is optimized for performance and I think it is very safe for the sport diving I do, I don't even have an octopus and don't need one.

I have used aluminum 80's, tables and computers and I would not go back to them because they lack the performance advantages of my present configuration with no increase in safety in my opinion.

What really troubles me is that your DIR system is not open to optimization. Users must accept it without question. In my opinion you have a sub-optimal system structure because it does not allow for progressive modification to the system from within or from outside.

I resent deeply the belief held by the DIR clan that they are superior and are the only ones "Doing It Right." To me that statement implies I am doing it wrong and that irks me somewhat.

I think your system is grossly totalitarianistic, and to me, subscribing to a system of that nature is dangerous for your head and life.

Late

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]