Re: Sport Chalet...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Kurtis on January 31, 2000 at 14:53:49:

In Reply to: Sport Chalet... posted by Jusfer on January 30, 2000 at 19:32:23:

I must take exception to Jusfer's comment of . . .
" . . . BTW, very close to Reef Seekers, who are quite pricey . . )

I think if you look a bit further, you'll find that, despite the obviously higher overhead we have by being in Beverly Hills, despite the added costs of trying to have plenty of staff on hand to serve you, despite such policies as willingly doing special orders at no extra charge, etc., etc., Reef Seekers still frequently comes out LOWER-priced than most other stores, let alone Sport Chalet. (But we'll fully agree that when a store or chain sells 2-year-old BCs that they couldn't otherwise move at a huge discount and calls them "new", it makes it seem cheaper than everyone else.)

And because, despite our best efforts, we know we may not always be aware of every price at every other store, we are also the ONLY store (that I know of) that offers Price Protection. Simply put, if you buy something from us and find it at a lower price within 60 days, we'll refund the difference.

And we also offer Satisfaction Guanratte which means if you buy something from us and don't like it, bring it back. Period. We'll either exchange it for something else that'll work better for you or refund you. (And, yes, this even applies to items that you've already taken into the ocean.)

So I guess, Jusfer, I'm a little confused by your comment. Seems to me we do everything we can to insure that you get the best price. And even though there's a retail addage about "Live by price, die by price" we realize that some consumers are price-driven and try to respond to that.

If you have a specific complaint you'd like to disucss with me, please feel free to either e-mail me privately and call me at Reef Seekers and I'll be happy to try to resolve the dilemma.

Ken Kurtis
Co-owner
Reef Seeker Dive Co.
Beverly Hills, Ca.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]