A practical example...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by msblucow on February 01, 2000 at 02:03:10:

In Reply to: Inexpensive instruction posted by Don Brennan on January 30, 2000 at 19:14:38:

of why you shop around the for the best instruction instead of the best price. I just got back from diving in Honduras. A couple I ended up sharing a dive boat with for the week nearly got themselves killed on our first night dive. The husband lost his dive light (he had no back up), panicked, and shot to the surface from 55', his wife in hot pursuit. Lucky for them, Roatan has a hyperbaric chamber and an excellent American-trained medical staff to run it. The husband got bent, but not seriously. The wife, by some miracle, escaped any damage. Now these two, who claimed to have had 35 dives before this trip, were an accident waiting to happen. They had no idea how to set up their tanks, had lousy bouancy control, and kept running into the reefs, each other, and everyone else. I found out later that they had gotten their certification last summer in Cozumel. On a cruise. In a day. For $200.00. For both of them.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]