Re: It's painful being duped

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kendall Raine on January 23, 2001 at 10:17:40:

In Reply to: Re: It's painful being duped posted by Jeff on January 22, 2001 at 20:30:58:

Jeff;

Don't be sorry. It has nothing to do with who I think I am. I know who I am. I also didn't say that solo diving was a death warrant. Those are your words and I'll thank you to remember that. I also did not say you can't solo dive. Do whatever you want, Jeff.

The statistics on solo deaths speak for themselves, however. That's the issue. Not me or Frank. To suggest someone from a recognized agency would teach a course on solo diving per se is preposterous. Dave Bunch as much as said so himself. To get on here and, unsolicited, suggest such a course exists and hand out the instructors name and number is to proselytize. Frank accepts that solo diving is more dangerous than diving with a qualified buddy and yet he posts an unsolicited and inaccurate plug for his friend Dave. He's got his axe to grind and that is to perpetuate the rightiousness of his brand of diving. He does this in the face of a pile of dead divers all of whom might still be alive had they done something so simple as to dive with a qualified partner. He claims to be interested in DIR and frequently asks questions regarding the approach. When he gets answers, he either ignores them, claims the answers were incomplete or changes the subject only to ask the same question again later. This is disingenuous. The problem is, he's doing all this to an audience which includes many relatively new divers who don't know any better. That's the BS here, Jeff.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]