Re: Best regulator?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Hoffmann on January 27, 2001 at 09:54:22:

In Reply to: Best regulator? posted by AADIVER on January 25, 2001 at 17:27:52:

Frank, the working parts of newer G250 and 500 are the same. Scubapro changed the G250 over about a year ago. Both now a copy's of the Atomic second stage (without the titanium and without the floating orifice).
I agree with Chris, I think that the best Regulator configuration that Scubapro has made is the older G250 and the Mark 10 or Mark 5(I would not pay over $150 for an older Reg. system, part of what you are paying for on a newer Scubapro is the life-time warranty and there is no warranty with the older regs.).
If you want a new Reguator from Scubapro I still like the G250 Mark 20 (I like the G250 over the 500 because, I think that the G250's larger diaphragm makes for an easier to cracking pressure.)
Another choice is the Atomic B1 T2 this is probably the best engineered reg. on the market (both the 500 and the newer G250 are copy's of the Atomic T2). It also has a life time warranty and each Atomic regulator is tested for breathing resistance at 150 ft. before it leaves the factory.
All of these regulator systems breath great( in the shallow water or deep)and are the best the SCUBA industry has to offer.

Jim Hoffmann
Scuba Toys

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]