Re: seahunt's Death Defying gizmo - simple questions:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by rhough on January 29, 2001 at 22:57:41:

In Reply to: Re: seahunt's Death Defying gizmo - simple questions: posted by AADIVER on January 29, 2001 at 13:47:52:

I stumbled across your BBS a while back, and have been following the discussions about DIR and computers. I hope you don't mind me adding my comments in favor of computers. I made two dives today, in Tillamook Bay up here in oregon. We were chasing crabs. The conditions wern't the greatest. Raining, near 0 vis, water temp 43 deg. The depth of the bay varies from 0 - 55 ft. Theres no telling where you are going to have to follow the critters. Around and over rocks ledges and sand bars. All while fighting a stiff current and wave action. If I was trying to do this while watching my console and re calculating my numbers. I would have starved tonight. And made mistakes.

And by the way, Computers do fail!! Halfway through our second dive, my sons "New" Cochran computer crapped out. It is sitting on my desk right now and the depth is varing between 30ft and 160ft. We got slammed into the rocks a couple of times exiting our first dive. I probably won't tell that to the guys at the dive shop.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]