Van Damme Party

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Sedletzky on February 02, 2001 at 21:50:54:

For anyone interested in the Van Damme campout party August 10,11,12, 2001, I was not able to get the group campsite (damn!!)
However, I still am going to have the party there but we will just have to grab as many regular campsites as needed. In a way this is better because they only allow 15 vehicles into the group site with a maximum of 50 people? Seems we would have had a severe parking problem anyway.
I went ahead and reserved a regular campsite for myself, and if you are planning to come I would strongly suggest that you reserve a site ASAP because they go FAST!
I will be there on the 9th (thursday) in the first loop of sites upon entering the park (#'s 1-13)
You can reserve a site by calling reserve america at 1(800) 444-7275 or online at www.reserveamerica.com
They also have a map of the campground and you can see where I'll be.
I will also check on the kayak rentals in the area, and boat launching, which I know they do off of Van Damme beach for light inflatables, but I'm not sure if you could get a heavier boat out of there...I'll check.
If not, I could always launch my dory at Albion and motor down to Van Damme and anchor in the cove.
Anyway, I'm planning this to be the blast of the century! so I'll see everyone there!

Eric Sedletzky
Santa Rosa, Ca.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]