Huntington Lake

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JRM on February 06, 2001 at 13:26:56:

In Reply to: Re: Diving with a helmet posted by tleemay on February 05, 2001 at 15:18:43:

I've been trying. I can't find anyone around here who wants to go. Everyone whines about the cold (and having raced sailboats up at Huntington, I'll vouch for the temp).

If anyone on the list wants to make a trip out of it (as soon as the ice thaws), I'm game. I pack out of Huntington and into the Kaiser Wilderness several times each year. I'd love to catch a SCUBA session on the downside of any one of those trips (I'd already be acclimated).

I know everyone here bags on PADI, but I did their altitude course up at Tahoe, and I had a blast. Ever since I've been trying to get someone to go up there. I hear there's a bomber sunk up there (we had this discussion on the board last year), but it's deep. I haven't been in a deco situation yet (planned or not), and really don't want to start by doing one at altitude :-)

Speaking of boats, is there anyone around that you know of that teaches a "good" search and recovery course. That stuff sounds like a blast to me, but all the courses taught around here are rather weenie-ish (PADI and NAUI ones). I think it would be a blast to grab some stuff out of the local lakes. Not that I'd really know what to do with it, but it sounds like fun...

Thanks,

JRM

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]