Moving to Santa Rosa

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian Correiar on February 07, 2000 at 10:19:37:

I transfered a few years ago from Northern California to South Florida. Now I'm moving back. I will be living in Santa Rosa, which is a new area for me. Any recommendations on finding my way into NorCal diving would be great. I found a dive shop that felt comfortable on a recent trip to the area and I've seen a couple of clubs listed on the web, but that's all I know about the local dive scene. I plan to get down to Monterey as often as possible and will also be visiting the San Diego area (my mother still lives in Escondido).

I am very comfortable in the water. My mother was a YMCA instructor, so I practically grew up in the water. Although I've played and snorkeled in the ocean all my life I haven't been diving long. In Florida I do dive every week that I can. My local dive shop and boat often ask me to buddy-up with newer divers. Now I find myself in the same situation - I know that NorCal diving is a different world from South Florida diving.

I have resuce diver and nitrox cert's. I do have a dry suit, but have only done a few dives with in in the North Florida Springs, so I plan to take a class in CA.

Any advise on where to start hooking up with local divers would be a real help.

Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]