I think he said he was "gooey" or something

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on February 07, 2001 at 01:13:39:

In Reply to: Re: I met a real diver at thge boat show. posted by AADIVER on February 06, 2001 at 18:15:42:

Actually, when he was lecturing me on the danger of the bends, my 12 year old told him "That's my dad, he's a divemaster! And there is no NDL for 15 feet." Well that ruined the fun because he beat feet and scooted down the hall. What a hoot until he figured he could not BS next to our family. He had a friend with him who did not claim to dive. Maybe he just wanted to impress his little friend. BTW they were both in their late 20s.

But really, how many times have you met folks who claim to be divers when it is obvious that they have never seen the underside of water in thier lives? My daughter in high school says it happens all the time to her. Boys will see a picture of her holding a bug underwater that is in a notebook (ok, it is just the abandoned skeleton of the bug, but it is easier to pose with!) and start telling her how they are divers. She asks to see their c-card and questions things like certifying agency. They make up the stupidest things.

Nondivers can be the most entertaining aspect of diving sometimes. I guess this is why we have to show our cards at shops and boats!

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]