ideal world? yeah, thats why i haven't dove in 3 weeks+

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on February 08, 2001 at 12:21:42:

In Reply to: Re: A case where solo diving is safer: 2 on a boat posted by Chris on February 08, 2001 at 11:37:36:

because my buddy is down with the flu, and i'm not in the best of shape to enter the water alone (guess thats called bein' conservative). I have no place to go for spring break unless i book a trip...solo, and will likely dive solo when i get there (Coz, Cabo, MAui, wherever) because my other photog buddy has to work that week.

Buddy systems are nice, (and i wholeheartedly agree with the positive aspects of "ideal" buddy diving, hiking, climbing, kayaking etc.) but if i did all my high altitude climbs (19,000 ft +), all my hiking (which included my Master's deg research, done solo, in remote areas) and stuff, only if a buddy was available, i would never have done 90% of the things i have done in life.

If a good buddy is present, i fully support buddy diving. If no buddy is present, i ain't gonna have a cow over it and abort the dive.. dive more conservatively, yes...abort? cancel? no!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]