Re: When and how did he say that?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on February 13, 2001 at 09:18:57:

In Reply to: When and how did he say that? posted by Wayne on February 12, 2001 at 21:38:10:

Wayne,

This is a standard line that Ken has been using for years and years on his boats.. Ask anyone that has been on his boats..

Ken has told me on numerous occasions that he was turned off by the way the industry was marketing Nitrox, and he was particularly upset when they started calling it Safe Air.. Ken has taken the position that since the industry is using ( in his mind) reckless marketing tactics that he feels justified in counter acting the marketing by spreading mis information..

Notice that Ken hasn't denied this.. And there are PLENTY of regular posters to this list that have heard Ken say this... Ken and I have had more arguements about this very point than any other disagreement he and I have. I believe that this is reckless and irresponsible of him to tell new divers that they WILL die if they breathe nitrox simply to counter act what he believes is a misinformation campaign by the industry...

Wayne, you are one of the more sensible guys on this list, but it seems to me that Ken has an simple way to resolve the controversy.. He can simply get on here and explain it..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]