Re: Mia Tegner's DDRC Final Report-Summary

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Emmet Solis on February 13, 2001 at 11:00:15:

In Reply to: Re: Mia Tegner's DDRC Final Report-Summary posted by Kendall Raine on February 13, 2001 at 09:44:53:

I have to first point out that I am relatively new to diving in California. Not new to diving and I don't consider myself to be a rookie or old fart for that matter. Almost all of my 27 years diving has been in either the NE coasts or Florida on vacation. Reading a report like this really has me re-thinking my diving practices and attitudes. I used to solo dive somewhat regularly only because I could never find someone to go diving with when I wanted to dive. I now feel somewhat selfish not only to how if can effect me but how it could affect my wife and little girl should I die underwater alone, especially when I knew better. There is no reason to dive alone if I have a good pool of divers to buddy up with. Would I dive with a complete stranger I was forced to dive with, probably not. That is where a good pool of like minded divers to draw from has great value. The air and bottom time management in this case was poor, as well as diving overweighted and with a weight release system that was not working correctly. If she had a buddy, the other three problems could have been solved with assistance. When and where is the next dir demo in the Los Angeles area? I want to learn more.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]