Re: Heated wetsuits

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JRM on February 20, 2001 at 08:37:50:

In Reply to: Heated wetsuits posted by msblucow on February 19, 2001 at 22:38:53:

While not I personally, I was with a buddy who tried one. We were at San Carlos one weekend, and they were having some sort of "diver fair" (sometime last summer/fall). The booth nearest our spot on the grass was selling them, and they were like $250. The battery clipped onto a weight belt. Anyway, they would let you borrow them for a dive for free, so he decided to try it out.

The overall opinion he had was good. It kept him warm, and wasn't too much of a hastle. It didn't restrict his movement (any more than his POS 2 piece rubber suit). I'm not sure how well it would hold up to the wear and tear, or what the warranty or service was like. The guys at the booth were really nice. Their version looked like a normal lycra-type skin, just with little wires in it.

Try calling MBDC and see if they have one to loan out. They could probably get you in touch with the company, who would probably set you up with a rental/loaner to try.

JRM

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]