Excellent post Terry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on February 21, 2001 at 15:43:19:

In Reply to: Re: Aha! posted by tleemay on February 21, 2001 at 15:26:59:

I would only add one thing in that the difference between the Buhlman B and C is that the B is computes in PLANNED time whereas the subset C computes in ACTUAL time which is why the subset C is used for computers.

Terry you raise an interesting point that is often ignored by diver's, which is the blind reliance on pixel's..

This drives me crazy because most diver's don't understand much about why their computer has i pixel in the yellow and they should therefor ascend... Why is it that some computer's will allow 10 extra minutes for the same profile????? Why is it that the PADI, NAUI and the U.S. Navy tables all provide for varying NDL's at he same depth?????

All of these variables are built in the tables and/or computer models but yet some think that we can't compute withing acceptable limits our NDL's even though we do it EVERY week... Some believe that it is an exact science that requires us to bring adding machines under water to computer alogorithms...

All it takes is an awareness of your profile, common sense, and a fairly basic understanding of the algorithms....

I'll tell you what Terry this weekend you bring the computer because I hear it's * impossible* to dive without one ;-)

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]