Re: Finally Someone is Making Sense!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richard on February 23, 2001 at 18:19:11:

In Reply to: Re: Aha! posted by tleemay on February 21, 2001 at 15:26:59:

Finally some sense of the whole discussion. Between MHK's apparrent NYC agression and seahunt's inability to accept factual presentation, someone has stepped up to the plate and hit a home run in giving a explanation. You DIR guys really must have it figured out. This is not the type of discussion I would hear from a typical dive shop den. The explanation you give is simple and to the point. Computers do not match everyone's diving style. Some people work harder than others. I know that unless I am in military honed dive shape, I could not even remotely accept diving the Navy tables. I also know that computers are not all equal, especially when calculating the mid depths. I also know and have experienced computer failure during the 5th dive of the day and felt somewhat uneasy continuing the dive. I would have felt alot better if I would have worked the plan out in advance and adjusted it as I went along. I think what MHK related from J. Jablonski needs heeding from the masses, that is relying on a computer and placing blind faith in such a device to tell you what to do is not the safest thing. A diver needs to continue to learn and apply.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]