Re: That's real positive. Sounds like... You're Pussin' Out

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richard on February 27, 2001 at 16:41:19:

In Reply to: Re: That's real positive. Sounds like... You're Pussin' Out posted by seahunt on February 27, 2001 at 13:54:34:

Oh get over yourself. You do not speak for the typical sport diver. If you do, please offer up where and when the vote was held and what the final count was. Being cocky has aboslutely nothing to do with it on my part. I am not the one essentially calling D.I.R. people liars about their non-usage of computers. I know of many people from my native Florida who dive warm water 7-10 times a day that do not use computers. To use your own past analogy, they shouldn't be alive after such profiles without a computer. Does that make them dangerous, I don't think so. And they are no where near being considered D.I.R. There's much more to the D.I.R. people and what they are trying to portray than what you want to dispell or argue about. I do not agree with even half of what they are trying to educate others about. At least I'm not closing my mind to the idea.
Also, I am not a D.I.R. advocate. I do not dive in a D.I.R. set up BC. I dive regularly solo. I am what the D.I.R. people might consider dangerous and that's OK. I will still attend the demo and I will be driving from Atascadero that morning, much further than 3 hours one way. I wish to learn more about it, but I have yet to adopt any of it as my diving style, so your red herring about what D.I.R. advocates appear to do (arm waving) doesn't apply to me, in fact it doesn't even apply to the regular advocates if you met them face to face as I did for the first time last Spring in Monterey. I want to see first hand and hear from it's biggest proponent what the big deal is as well as ask him some questions of my own. From what I can tell, people are giving you a finite opportunity to get all your questions asked and you [might] attend? After all you have written in the past? And what you have written in this thread?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]