Only 2 weeks left for the California AIDSRide Raffle...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by msblucow on March 04, 2001 at 18:07:04:

For those of you who have already contributed or have read this before, I ask your indulgence. For those of you who haven't, there's still time left! Here's the deal.....

On June 3d, 2001, my husband and I will join 2,500 other people and pedal our bikes 575 miles from San Francisco to Los Angeles in California AIDSRide 8. For a week, we will sleep in tents, wait in line for everything from food to bathrooms, and ride our bikes every day, all day, to help raise money for desperately needed HIV/AIDS care services in California.

Between us, we have pledged to raise at least $5,400.

So what does any of this have to do with diving?

Because, with the help of some very generous folks who have donated some very cool stuff, we’re going to hold a dive raffle to help meet our goals.

GRAND PRIZE: A pair of gift certificates good for ANY local one-day Reef Seekers dive trip (worth approx. $200.00)

1ST & 2ND PRIZE: 2 gift certificates good for ANY open boat dive trip on the Great Escape (worth approx. $85.00)

3D PRIZE: A 4-person "family pack" gift certificate for admission to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach (worth approx.$60.00)

4TH & 5TH PRIZE: $50.00 gift certificates from Malibu Divers and Scuba Toys

So how do you enter? Just email me at the above address and I'll email you back a pledge form. Fill out the pledge form and mail it with a donation to the address provided. Every $5.00 you donate buys you one "ticket" (for instance; $50.00 buys you 10 tickets, a $100.00 buys you 20 tickets and so on). All donations must be received by March 16th for our open house drawing Saturday, March 17th. You must write "AIDSRide raffle" on the check and include your name, phone number and address to be notified if you're a winner. All donations are fully tax deductable. I would be happy to send out more information on the California AIDSRide to anyone who requests it or answer any questions about the raffle. Just email me.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]