Re: Only 2 weeks left for the California AIDSRide Raffle...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RaiderKarl on March 05, 2001 at 10:03:39:

In Reply to: Only 2 weeks left for the California AIDSRide Raffle... posted by msblucow on March 04, 2001 at 18:07:04:

Wow! Sounds like a nice LONG bike ride.

This whole issue of a.i.d.s. awareness reminds me that the main essence of true a.i.d.s. awareness is the proper use of Trojans and similar products, the avoidance of needle sharing with heroin and similar drug use, the detailed screening of blood donors and the blood bank supply, and a really thorough quarantine procedure for a.i.d.s. afflicted victims similar to measles or meningitis outbreaks.

Has anyone survived a.i.d.s.? I know Ervil Magic Johnson is still around, but I havent heard any updates on his condition or progress lately. I also wonder how much of his N.B.A. cash he is spending on treatment.

Personally, I worry more about hepatitis A & C when I am out on a date with a girl/woman than I do about a.i.d.s. Hepatitis doesnt kill you, but it stays with you forever. And I swear by Trojans!

I am not trying to be frivilous (it comes naturally for me). I am just trying to point out what really effective a.i.d.s. awareness entails, in my opinion.

I hope its a great bike ride for all of you all!

/s/ RaiderKarl
NAUI OW1 '75 / SSI AOW & Rescue '00 / PADI DMC '01

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]