Re: Jablonski's presentation.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on March 05, 2001 at 17:42:18:

In Reply to: Re: Jablonski's presentation. posted by Gerry Smith on March 05, 2001 at 17:31:56:

Sorry you and I didn't get a chance to say hello, most people will tell you that my internet bark is worse than my bite and it would have been nice to say hello..

I would offer up that the decrease in trim and drag is porbably more important at 18,000' back than at 60' at Eagle reef..

I've used the auto analogy in the past with varying levels of success and since I'm such a glutten for punishment I'll try it again..

At Indy 500 they strive for streamlining and any ergo dynamic reduction is meaningful ( much like being 18,000' back in a cave), but yet out everyday car incorporates that theory to a necessary level. In other words a mother of 4 isn't going to buy a small car to save a few dollars in gas, but she wouldn't appreciate any added excesses that will unnecessarily drive up the cost of a tank of gas. And given that we keep going around in circles with respect to requiring the computer so we can stay down longer, why don't we simultaneously address areas that will provide for less gas consumption???

Any way just food for thought...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]