Re: Computing on the fly

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on March 06, 2001 at 09:44:38:

In Reply to: Re: Computing on the fly posted by Eins on March 05, 2001 at 20:07:08:

You are correct about the accidental double post, sorry about that..

If I recall correctly I think I responded to you about 2 weeks ago about the Suunto in that if you are going to use a computer the Suunto is the way to go. I would make the suggestion that you atleast try to pay attention and see if after a period of time you don't find yourself coming within NDL as you work your way. It really isn't as hard as some are trying to portray it. It's sorta like driving in an area that you just moved to, in the beginning you are constantly looking at the map and you rely on it ( ie; computer), but then after doing the same drive over and over you learn the routes and don't need the map. I'd suggest since you are diving with your computer anyway that what does it cost you to try???

As for monitoring my time and depth it's just something I do without even giving it much thought anymore. My BT is mounted on my right forearm and my swimmimng technique is to swim with my arms in front of my, to help keep trim and break the slipstream, so the information is a glance away..

It's sounds like a foreign concept in the beginning but it really isn't as complicated and confusing as it sounds on the internet..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]