Re: Diving "my right way"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kendall Raine on March 06, 2001 at 12:35:42:

In Reply to: Diving "my right way" posted by AADIVER on March 05, 2001 at 19:04:50:

Even with all that stuff streamlining can be done. The additional equipment you use includes the hammer, chisels, crow bar and tool bag. I carry everything else even when I'm not ripping and chipping. The hammer gets bungied over a hip weight with the handle running down your leg-not hanging loose off a d ring. The crow bar is bungied the between the doubles with the curved portion fitting over the manifold so you can reach it. The chisels are carried in a pocket. The lift bag inflator is unnecessary if you're using a closed bag. If you're using an open bag, the inflator is tied and taped to the dry suit inflator hose. Lift bags can be stowed behind your back bungied to the backplate or behind your shoulder or clipped to an ass ring behind the tanks-not on the tank. You now don't need the tool bag unless you're carrying a hacksaw, c-clamp or other crap which you would only carry if you have a specific target in mind, not doing a recon for artifacts. Artifacts can be put into a mesh bag which stows neatly bungied to the backplate.

You see, there really is no good reason to look like the junk yard man.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]