Learning More (DIR Demo)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Hoffmann on March 06, 2001 at 15:01:52:

Learning More (DIR DEMO)
I wanted to thank JJ, Mark Lansdale, Robert Carmichael for putting on the Demo at Scuba Toys . I would also like to thank Terry May, MHK, and JW for their part, and the guys who help me with the shop on Friday and Saturday( Friday was a bad day for me, your help relieved lots of the stress).
From what I saw of the Demo and what I have read on the BBS, I can only say that the DIR Demo was a success. One of the things I like about the DIR is that it seems to have raised the awareness of our diving community, divers are talking about there equipment,
about streamlining, there computers( and what they do), becoming aware that they need better dive planning and that buddies need to work together as a team.
I don’t measure DIR success by how many divers it converts, but by the awareness level it has created in our dive community as a whole. I think that Matt’s post sum it up “I also realize that I should know more.” Matt is right, we all need to learn more and the
DIR discussions have made many us aware of how little we know, and how much more there is to learn.

Jim Hoffmann
Scuba Toys

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]