Has to do with the internet, not with diving...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by R Bear on March 07, 2001 at 11:54:32:

In Reply to: Re: On weighting, DIR, and steel tanks while diving wet. posted by AADIVER on March 07, 2001 at 11:27:56:

You don't honestly believe that when I am 3000 feet back in a cave looking at a vertical fissure 80 feet tall and a giant fossilized sea urchin, that I am thinking, "I wonder if my weighting is correct..." If you do a search on Rodales board for R Bear, you will find that I post all week but virtually never on the weekends. That is because I am underwater during the weekends.
On the other hand I do believe that diving is safer now than it was years ago and part of that is due to people analysing what it is that keeps some safe and lets others die. Of course the diving industry has always been plagued by a lack of the most basic statistics, so I can't statistically prove that diving is safer now than it was then. The dives that are possible now that used to be impossible and the people who dive that would have once been to old are infirm are a few things that buoy my opinion.
DSAO
Ron

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]