3 person buddy teams have plusses and minuses

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RaiderKarl on March 08, 2001 at 10:11:38:

In Reply to: thankyouthankyouthankyou*clap*clap*clap*clap*... posted by kelphead on March 07, 2001 at 19:46:45:

3 person buddy teams do have their plusses and their minuses. I have dived in them, and in 2 person teams, and in 4 person teams (which is really two regular buddy teams together), and solo. In a 3 person team, any one of the divers is more likely to get left behind IF the other two divers are not sharp about tracking BOTH of their own buddies. In that respect, you would be completely correct, KelpHead. On the other hand, I feel safer whenever I have 2 buddies versus just one. 3 buddies is better still. From then on, such as in a 5 person team, there seems to me to be diminishing returns. Of course, diving solo is the most dangerous of all, but when I do then I have double equipment and I tend to over-plan and be extra careful to compensate for myself being alone. So, KelpHead, you were right all along, and yes there are shades of gray. These are mostly my opinions based only on my own divemaster experience. I am no expert, but then nobody really is. Its an individual sport, performed mostly in 2 person buddy teams.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]