Re: DIR/Computer Use? Square No, air yes.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on March 09, 2001 at 10:49:32:

In Reply to: Re: DIR/Computer Use? Square No, air yes. posted by Kendall Raine on March 09, 2001 at 09:59:21:

Kendall, I think the DIR people have raised a valid point about blindly trusting the dive computer. Now that I have downloaded my four dive profile 126'-31, 61'-40, 101'-31, 35'-25 from the Aladin I have some data to study and qualify the information it gives me. You are right about the first dive there was a slow ascent to 60' and a two minute stay there then down to 75' at 20 the 20 minute mark and this is the closest other point to the NDL that I can find 7 minutes is what it says. As you know the underwater terrain is got peeks and valleys that I usually go exploring so I have lots of up and downs. The computer never did get into deco mode which would be interesting to see the info that it gives. I think I am going to dive the Yukon soon on 32% and see what this Aladin air does as it enters deco mode. I will be more attentive to the info it gives me in the future because of this. When I get to 150' to should read 8 minutes. The Aladin said 99 minute after I ascended above 30' 25 minutes into the dive. It didn't say I needed to stop at 15' for 3-5 minutes. The Matrix computer didn't return to the green zone on the bar graph until after 5 minutes at 15' and this is the computer I usually dive with. I'm not saying you couldn't do this manually, I'm saying I don't want to do it manually and I want to qualify my computers so I can concentrate mostly on my photography and navigation.

Peace brother and support the chamber
Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]