Re: Solo Diving

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on March 12, 2001 at 10:46:04:

In Reply to: Re: Solo Diving posted by MHK on March 12, 2001 at 09:55:23:

The BBS highlighted the issue of solo with the voting the results are interesting and reflexs the will of the people. By the way I prefer to dive with other people when I dive, I fell into the 20% catagory.

The Rodale's poll is slightly different. They asked divers if a solo cert was available would you get it. 57% said yes and 17% said they already solo and don't need the cert. Obviously TDI and SDI see a marketing opportunity and I think they have merged, tdisdi.com. Not to mention that divers are diving solo or want to for whatever reason and want advice/instruction on doing it as safe as possible. Like it or not it is what people want. I'm don't know if TDISDI has the best plan or instructors to fill this need. I would like to see some competition from other agencies. You like GUE, what could they come up with? I like Naui but now instructors have done crossovers to Padi so I think I would decide by instructor not agency plus the curriculum and price. Solo is not for everyone but a large percentage are doing it or want to. Those kids and terrorists are learning to make bombs from the internet and books.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]