dive tables for dive computers? ever heard of that??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RaiderKarl on March 12, 2001 at 16:12:59:

The posts here on this scuba web site are extremely interesting at times, and they have inspired me to ask myself whether it would be useful to have dive tables consistent with the algorithm used by a divers own dive computer.

Like I told all of you all, I dive with my dive computers algorithm turned off, with the dive computer set to "gauge mode." This forces me to do all the calculations myself, either off the U.S. Navy tables, or else off the PADI recreational dive planner tables or wheel.

Most of you seem to dive with your dive computers turned on in the normal algorithmic modes, and you trust them, and you try to squeeze as much bottom time out of them as you can, without doing any calculations. I call this "experimenting with your body."

Some of you are trained TDI tek divers, and you do all the calculations by yourself very precisely.

All in all, this is a very multi-talented group (I was about to say "diverse" but that has negative connotations these days!)

So here is the $64,000 question: since I dive with a Suunto Vyper dive computer, has anyone heard of any dive tables like the Navy or PADI tables for that dive computer, or for any of the dive computers, for that matter?

/s/ RaiderKarl
NAUI OW1 '75, SSI AOW & Rescue '00, PADI DMC '01

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]