Re: Dive tables vs. computers: only a $ difference?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on March 13, 2001 at 15:13:29:

In Reply to: Re: Dive tables vs. computers: only a $ difference? posted by MHK on March 13, 2001 at 13:22:34:

Mike,

Thanks that helps. I have been guilt of blindly trusting that simple Matrix bar graph model. I had a discussion with Kendall in another thread about computers and the manual method using the Doppler deco software. I think that's what he meant. I will no longer blindly trust them, just as if you drive 200 miles and your gas gauge still says full. I borrowed a Aladin air and downloaded the profile and have cross referenced with with the Naui table. I'm by far no expert on this stuff but it seems to match the table as you run through the different depths. I would be happy to fax this to anyone who is an expert and wants to study the results. Email me privately. It seems correct and this talk has raised my awareness to a potential problem. I think it is a mistake that students skip over deco theory and some dive agencies are dropping it. It is interesting and should remain compulsory, but possibly change the instruction to include the multi-level method to compute and divers wouldn't jump so quickly to the computer to increase the BT. IMO.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]